repeating sequence stair with variable cycle time
2011-11-20 11:49:30 UTC
Hello all,

I'm trying to generate repeating stair waveform using Simulink.
For this end I need to specify:
1. Levels
2. Cycle time
for the output signal.

An example would be a repeating stair output signal with 2ms (duration)-2V(Level) step and then 1ms-1V step (221221221221221...)

I've been trying to use "Repeating Sequence Stair Output" block. The only problem is this block doesn't accept cycle time for each of the levels but merely uses uniform cycle time for them all.

Any suggestions?
2011-11-22 07:50:10 UTC
Post by K
Hello all,
I'm trying to generate repeating stair waveform using Simulink.
1. Levels
2. Cycle time
for the output signal.
An example would be a repeating stair output signal with 2ms (duration)-2V(Level) step and then 1ms-1V step (221221221221221...)
I've been trying to use "Repeating Sequence Stair Output" block. The only problem is this block doesn't accept cycle time for each of the levels but merely uses uniform cycle time for them all.
Any suggestions?
I'll rephrase my goal for the sake of those who didn't understand my first post.
In matlab workspace I have:
1. A cycle-time T
2. A time-instances vector t=[t1 t2.. tN], where 0<t1<t2<..<tN<T.
3. A voltage level vector Lvl=[l1 l2.. lN] corresponds to the time-instances vector

I wish to import these variables to a simulink model and output a periodic voltage-stair waveform according to the above variables.

e.g. for T = pi, t=[0, 0.1, 0.7, 1.1] and Lvl=[0 1 0 1] I should get something like this:

outputSignal = 0000011111111100000000111111111
time axis: 0 0.1 0.7 1.1 pi

Hope this is clearer.

I've managed to produce the signal using 'Repeating Sequnce Stair" block. For each time instance t1, I've added another sequential time instance t1+epsilon. In this way I've managed to produce a close to ideal stair waveform with varied signal levels.
b***@gmail.com
2018-02-15 05:54:40 UTC
Post by K
I've managed to produce the signal using 'Repeating Sequnce Stair" block. For each time instance t1, I've added another sequential time instance t1+epsilon. In this way I've managed to produce a close to ideal stair waveform with varied signal levels.
Is there a simulink model?
Ive been trying to generate a stair using different sampling rates