how to compile mex code using 32 bit emulation on 64 bit computer?
m***@gmail.com
2009-03-03 18:40:35 UTC
Hi,

I have a question. I'm running Ubuntu Linux in 64-bit mode. Since
there's no native 64 bit support for Linux, I've been running Matlab
with 32 bit emulation in the following way
linux32 matlab
So far, this has worked fine. But now, I'm trying to use a new
package which requires me to compile a mex file and I can't get it to
work.

I get an error saying:

/usr/bin/ld: cannot open linker script file /usr/local/matlab/extern/
lib/glnxa64/mexFunction.map: No such file or directory
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status

mex: link of 'normxcorr2_mex.mexa64' failed.

make: *** [normxcorr2_mex] Error 1

My matlab/extern/lib directory only has glnx86, not glnxa64. So I
tried creating a symbolic link called glnxa64 and have this point to
glnx86 but this didn't work.

Does anyone know how I can compile this mex file to work under 32-bit
emulation on a 64-bit system?

Thanks,

Andrew
Ashish Uthama
2009-03-04 16:32:33 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
I have a question. I'm running Ubuntu Linux in 64-bit mode. Since
there's no native 64 bit support for Linux, I've been running Matlab
with 32 bit emulation in the following way
http://www.mathworks.com/support/sysreq/current_release/linux.html

If you have a license under maintainence, I suggest you upgrade to a 64bit
version.
m***@gmail.com

version.
a***@gmail.com
2018-01-30 12:07:22 UTC
Post by m***@gmail.com
Does anyone know how I can compile this mex file to work under 32-bit
emulation on a 64-bit system?
I found that adding Arch=glnx86 to mexopts.sh made it look in the right place.
(answering ancient question!)