From Community Core Vision to MATLAB
Abhinav Ayri
2012-01-04 20:24:08 UTC
Hey all,

I am currently working on a 2 finger haptic sensor project that needs to utilize both MATLAB and another software, Community Core Vision. Community Core Vision is a platform that inputs video stream (through a webcam) and outputs coordinate positions (ie. fingers correlate to the position). The coordinate positions are found in port 3333 of the computer; we know the coordinate positions can be input into Java. The problem is how we can take the Java information and put it through MATLAB. All of my group members are stuck on this vital point and since none of us are very MATLAB gifted, I was wondering if anyone on this forum could help us out. So in summary, our question is this: how can we extract tracking information from Java into MATLAB? Has anyone on the forum heard of a TUIO Java Client before?

Thanks for reading this guys and I really hope this makes sense!
Ed Yu
2012-03-07 17:11:21 UTC
Abhinav,

You can use java directly within MATLAB to query the port because MATLAB uses java to render much of the graphics (of course unless you tell it not to by turning off java). Here are some examples:

i = java.lang.Integer('6')
class(i)
java.lang.System.out.println(i)
import java.util.Vector
v = Vector()
v.add('1')
v.add(2)
v.size()

There are some documentations you could use through MATLAB Help, MATLAB, Programming, External Interfaces.

Good luck!

Ed.
b***@seecs.edu.pk
2017-11-10 13:32:06 UTC
Hello Abhinav,

I was wondering if you could be able to link Community Core Vision to Matlab or were you be able to link TUIO with Matlab. I am stuck at the same point and could not get any help yet. It would be really great if you guide me.

Thanks.
Bushra