How to run Thorlabs cameras in matlab?
i***@gmail.com
2014-05-04 13:02:31 UTC
how can i run Thorlabs camera on matlab?
I installed camera's driver and package & Microsoft Visual C++
(2005/2008/2010 redistributed edition), but i can't connect the camera
to matlab. What is routine way to run this camera?
We use matlab 2011a, a thorlabs DCC1545M camera (USB2), and want to
capture image in matlab or maybe have live view. It is essential to
control camera parameters.
I would be thankful for any helps.
Michael Steinbock
2014-12-26 03:00:08 UTC
I am also interested in this. I have not been able to find documentation on this. I've installed the third party Thorlabsimaq adapter, which lists in the IMAQ toolbox Information pane, but I don't see the camera in the Hardware Browser... I'm stumped.

The Thorlabs software sees the camera and it is working fine. If anyone has figured this out, it would be of great help. I'll post anything that I find as well.
Thanks,
Mike
ANort
2015-05-16 00:57:16 UTC
Michael Steinbock
2015-05-17 21:18:20 UTC
We did get it working; although I haven't been involved at that level for over a year. I'll get back with you when I can take a look at the code. It may be 3-4 weeks though.
-Mike
Post by ANort
Post by Michael Steinbock
I am also interested in this. I have not been able to find documentation on this. I've installed the third party Thorlabsimaq adapter, which lists in the IMAQ toolbox Information pane, but I don't see the camera in the Hardware Browser... I'm stumped.
The Thorlabs software sees the camera and it is working fine. If anyone has figured this out, it would be of great help. I'll post anything that I find as well.
Thanks,
Mike
Hi Mike and ich,
It seems I am following in your foot steps, trying to run my Thorlabs DCC1545 camera from Matlab, and struggling to get it to work. A representative from Thorlabs told me "It may needs some effort to set up the IMAQ toolbox. But we are sure this is how our customers control the camera using Matlab, it will work eventually..." but didn't offer any more help.
Did either of you have any luck (skill) getting it to work?
Thanks
ANort
Michael Steinbock
ANort