warning: desktop configuration file is corrupt
Anjali
2013-07-10 17:15:07 UTC
Hi, I am developing a GUI in Matlab, which sometimes starts running so slowly that I have to close and restart Matlab. Recently I started getting this warning after I re-start Matlab:

Warning: The desktop configuration file is corrupt or improperly formatted.
Invalid Position: 1.1238
Warning: An error occurred while reading the desktop configuration file.
Using the default configuration.

My Matlab files are located on my desktop. Why am I getting this message?

Thanks!
Steven_Lord
2013-07-10 17:53:31 UTC
Post by Anjali
Hi, I am developing a GUI in Matlab, which sometimes starts running so
slowly that I have to close and restart Matlab. Recently I started getting
Warning: The desktop configuration file is corrupt or improperly formatted.
Invalid Position: 1.1238
Warning: An error occurred while reading the desktop configuration file.
Using the default configuration.
My Matlab files are located on my desktop. Why am I getting this message?
That refers to the MATLAB Desktop configuration file. That suggests
something in your preferences directory has become corrupted. If you're on
Windows, execute:

winopen(prefdir)

If you're on a different platform, execute the PREFDIR command in MATLAB
then open that directory in your favorite file system browser.

Make a copy of everything in that directory for backup, then close MATLAB.
Depending on the version of MATLAB you're using, there will probably be a
file in there named MATLABDesktop or something similar; delete it and let
MATLAB recreate it the next time it starts up. If that resolves the problem,
send Technical Support the copy of the file you deleted from the backup copy
you made along with as much information as you can remember about what you
did just prior to the first time this warning occurred.
--
Steve Lord
***@mathworks.com