mclmcrrt710.dll compiler runtime
Andreas Greuer
2009-04-22 15:02:03 UTC
Hallo,

I have compiled my application with mcc of Matlab2009a.

After installing the MATLAB Compiler Runtime on another computer, I start the application. But I get a message:

"This application has failed to start because mclmcrrt710.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"

In the folder
c:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v79\runtime\win32\

I found a file with the name "mclmcrrt79.dll"
After copying to the name "mclmcrrt710.dll", I was able to run my application also on this computer.

Is there a kind of version incompability between the compiler and the runtime environment?

Andreas
ImageAnalyst
2009-04-22 15:23:59 UTC
Andreas Greuer:
You need to give them the run time library that matches the one you
compiled your app with. For example, if you used R2008b, you need to
have your user run MCRInstaller.exe version 7.9. And you are running
the compiler for R2009a so it appears that your users need v7.10 so
you need to ship them the runtime library installer that comes with
R2009a. Your users had apparently already run the installer for v7.9
and you merely renamed their file to match the current file desired by
your app (which has now been compiled in R2009a). While some
functions may be the same, there may be others that are new in v7.10
and for those, your "workaround" will crash the app. I recommend that
you ship your users the run time library installer that matches your
release.
Regards,
ImageAnalyst
Zahra M
2011-08-21 03:10:14 UTC
Post by ImageAnalyst
You need to give them the run time library that matches the one you
compiled your app with. For example, if you used R2008b, you need to
have your user run MCRInstaller.exe version 7.9. And you are running
the compiler for R2009a so it appears that your users need v7.10 so
you need to ship them the runtime library installer that comes with
R2009a. Your users had apparently already run the installer for v7.9
and you merely renamed their file to match the current file desired by
your app (which has now been compiled in R2009a). While some
functions may be the same, there may be others that are new in v7.10
and for those, your "workaround" will crash the app. I recommend that
you ship your users the run time library installer that matches your
release.
Regards,
ImageAnalyst
Hi,

I also uses MATLAB (2009a) and made an application using mcc.

On another computer, I installed MCR 7.10 which was in this path on my computer:
$MATLABROOT\toolbox\compiler\deploy\win32\mcrInstaller.exe

but when run my application still have problem with "mclmcrrt79.dll".

what should I do? I tried various things but no result.

Thanks
Image Analyst
You'll have to install MCR 7.9. It's not upward compatible - they have to match exactly. An executable built with 7.9 can't be run with only 7.10 installed - it needs 7.9. Fortunately you can have both installed with no conflicts.
Zahra M
Thanks a lot. It works.
Matthew
2011-09-16 18:26:33 UTC
Where do I download the runtime for the desired version?
Bruno Luong
2011-09-17 08:03:27 UTC
Post by Matthew
Where do I download the runtime for the desired version?
Nowhere, the MCR cannot be exhibited for public downloading by license restriction.

Bruno
Zahra M
2011-09-17 09:08:07 UTC
Post by Matthew
Where do I download the runtime for the desired version?
It is located in MATLAB folder. for example in MATLAB 2009a the path is:
MATLAB/R2009a/toolbox/compiler/win32/MCRInstaller
vanessa singh
2015-08-24 23:14:04 UTC
Post by Matthew
Where do I download the runtime for the desired version?
Hi!

I'm in a similar fix. I desperately need MCR v7.9. Were you able to locate it? Could you please guide me?

Thank you so much!
Steven Lord
2015-08-25 13:33:43 UTC
Post by vanessa singh
Post by Matthew
Where do I download the runtime for the desired version?
Hi!
I'm in a similar fix. I desperately need MCR v7.9. Were you able to locate
it? Could you please guide me?
Ask the person who gave you the application that requires that version of
the MCR to give you the MCR associated with the application.
--
Steve Lord
***@mathworks.com
http://www.mathworks.com
Zahra M
2011-08-21 03:04:08 UTC
Post by Andreas Greuer
Hallo,
I have compiled my application with mcc of Matlab2009a.
"This application has failed to start because mclmcrrt710.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem"
In the folder
c:\Program Files (x86)\MATLAB\MATLAB Compiler Runtime\v79\runtime\win32\
I found a file with the name "mclmcrrt79.dll"
After copying to the name "mclmcrrt710.dll", I was able to run my application also on this computer.
Is there a kind of version incompability between the compiler and the runtime environment?
Andreas
Hi,

I made an application using mcc in MATLAB(2009a) and the exe file runs in my computer.

on another computer I installed MCR 7.10 from this path:
$MATLABROOT\toolbox\compiler\deploy\win32\mcrInstaller.exe

but still have problem with "mclmcrrt79.dll". the file exists in that computer.

I tried various things but still same error. what should I do?